Marrying children from one’s adulterous relationship

Q. Assalamu alaykum mufti sab there is this Muslim guy who was making zina with a certain woman untill she become pregnant and has a child now. she has other children from her previous marriage so now can the father of the zina child marry any of her children is it permissible in sharia? Wassalam 

A. In principle, if a man commits adultery with a woman, it becomes Haraam for him to marry any of her ascendants or descendants and vice versa. As such, it is Haraam for a man who has committed adultery with a woman to marry her daughter from a previous marriage.

Note: Just as it is forbidden to marry the ascendants and descendants of ones spouse through marriage, the same rule applies through an adulterous conjugal relationship. (Hindiyyah 1/274)

Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ismaeel Bassa